Sharp Life Science (EU) Ltd are seeking an experienced Project Manager to manage one or more of the company’s product development projects.
Reporting to the Programme Manager, the Project Manager will be responsible for leading a cross-functional project delivery team and interfacing to a broad range of internal and external stakeholders in order to delivery project outputs. Projects will be managed utilising Prince2 methodologies.
The primary role of the Project Manager is the day-to-day management of project(s) with the responsibility to minimise implementation risks, resolve open issues and deliver against agreed deadlines to the target quality and cost. The Project Manager will coordinate all aspects of allocated projects through effective communication and documentation and will be fully involved in deliverable definition, budgeting and approach.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Relationship management of all internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordination of internal & external resources for the execution of projects.
- Development and monitoring of detailed project plans to track & report progress against objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring feasibility.
- Consistent use of project tools & processes to measure performance.
- Reporting and escalation to management as needed.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, following appropriate processes and implementing configuration control to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs.
- Risk and Issue management, ensuring capture and mitigation plans are in place.
- Significant demonstrable experience in a similar or related role (managing HW, SW, Applications or multi-function projects).
- Bachelors degree in relevant Science or Engineering subject.
- Relevant project management qualifications (ideally Prince2 – but full training would be provided to successful candidates).
- Product supply chain management highly beneficial.
- Life science product delivery highly beneficial.
- Experience of product engineering and commercialisation processes beneficial.
- A high level of competence in using Microsoft Office and project management software (Wrike, Microsoft Project etc.)
- An approachable and diplomatic personality whilst maintaining drive and persuasion.
- Capable to understand and manage all aspects off the project whilst empowering team members to deliver against their areas of responsibility.
- Experience working in a small company environment, ideally in the high-tech sector.