Sharp Life Science (EU) Limited is seeking a Software Scripting Engineer to join our team developing the company’s software products on an initial 6 month contract.
- Design and implement algorithms and automation scripts to control the manipulation of droplets on the lab-on-a-chip devices.
- Simulation and live testing of the lab-on-a-chip devices
- Work closely with the team developing fluidic protocols (assays) on the devices to capture requirements
- De-bug the code for real world applications.
- Educated to degree level at a leading university in a computer science, engineering or mathematics
- Experience coding in Python and embedded scripting languages (e.g. IronPython in .NET applications)
- Experience developing algorithms for instrumentation control, game development, computer vision applications or equivalent
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely with other members of a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to deliver to deadlines in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
Experience any of the following will be advantageous:
- Version control software (ideally git)
- Agile software development methodologies
- Test driven development methodologies
- Software system testing, including automated tests
- Experience in development of software products for scientific or medical instrumentation
- Hands-on practical experimental ability and familiarity with standard scientific laboratory techniques and equipment
- Experience of developing software in a regulatory environment and against formal Quality Standards